Breastfeeding Community

Staying hungry?

I've always been a person to not eat very much... my husband use to yell at me prior to my last pregnancy and during my pregnancy becuz I would eat maybe once a day ans that was it. Well about 24 hrs after I had my son I felt like I cadent eaten in days and my stomach hurt so bad becuz I was so hungry. Ever since then I feel like im always hungry. I am breast feeding exclusively. Is that why? My best friend just made a comment today about how I've eaten more in the last month than she has even seen me eat. Lol she wasn't downing me and im not gaining weight.. im actually at my prepregnancy weight. Just odd for me to be so hungry all the time!!!
Yep, it's definately the breastfeeding. Eat plenty of protein, fruit, veggies and drink lots of water to keep yourself healthy whilst nourishing your little one. Congrats on the birth of your baby and the choice to breastfeed.