Types of pumps

Trying to decide which pump to get. Medela freestyle or the pump in style. Any suggestions (other than cost)
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have expressed a lot due to having 2 prem babies and i love the medela electrical pumps and in australia that is what they use in the maternity ward. Good luck with your bub. Cheers
Helpful - 0
I had the pump in style advanced, and used it daily for a total of 16 months between the 2 kids (at 2-3 hrs/day usage, that's a LOT of hours). It worked as well on the last day as it did on the first. It is undoubtedly a quality pump. However, at times I wished it wasn't so good, because I would have loved to have an excuse to purchase and try the freestyle :) As an exclusive pumper, the ability to move around easily while pumping was very appealing. I did find ways with the PISA, but it was a bit cumbersome with the bag and stuff. I can't attest to it's quality, but it is also Medela and I have read some good reviews.
Helpful - 0
I have had good success with my Medela Pump in Style.  I have heard from many sources that the Freestyle, while more convenient, is less powerful.  So I guess it depends on how much you will be pumping and how important some freedom is to you.  If I had to do it again, I would still go with the Pump in Style.  With a hands free bra, I am able to multitask pretty well when I pump at work.
Helpful - 0
I have the medela symphony for work, since I need it 4x through out my work day. But I have a pump-in-style for traveling when not with my baby. I like the features and convience, though slightly bulky- not difficult to pack and go. wish the bag acutally had more pockets!

The one I have is much older and I dont think it would survive my 12x a week pumping for a long period of time, that is why I have the other one for my work needs. =)
Helpful - 0
I had a Philips avent and I found it to be good but as above I know so many who had the Medela pumps and swear by them.
Helpful - 0
I have the PISA and LOVE it. I am able to multi task while pumping with a hands free bra.
Helpful - 0
i have the hygeia enjoye and love it.
Helpful - 0
I have the medela pump in style advance in the backpack abd LOVE it!!!!  I can feed my baby and still get six oz afterwards!  I had to exclusively pump the first 5 weeks and got 5-8oz per side! Every 2-3 hours. It was amazing. With the hands free bra I could work on other things. I absolutely recommend the pump in style advanced
Helpful - 0
It also has the highest ratings out of any pump on numerous websites. All my friends have been converted and are loving it too
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community