Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
1528695 tn?1360582320

Types of pumps

Trying to decide which pump to get. Medela freestyle or the pump in style. Any suggestions (other than cost)
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1731970 tn?1328087070
I have expressed a lot due to having 2 prem babies and i love the medela electrical pumps and in australia that is what they use in the maternity ward. Good luck with your bub. Cheers
Helpful - 0
171768 tn?1324230099
I had the pump in style advanced, and used it daily for a total of 16 months between the 2 kids (at 2-3 hrs/day usage, that's a LOT of hours). It worked as well on the last day as it did on the first. It is undoubtedly a quality pump. However, at times I wished it wasn't so good, because I would have loved to have an excuse to purchase and try the freestyle :) As an exclusive pumper, the ability to move around easily while pumping was very appealing. I did find ways with the PISA, but it was a bit cumbersome with the bag and stuff. I can't attest to it's quality, but it is also Medela and I have read some good reviews.
Helpful - 0
1169162 tn?1331232353
I have had good success with my Medela Pump in Style.  I have heard from many sources that the Freestyle, while more convenient, is less powerful.  So I guess it depends on how much you will be pumping and how important some freedom is to you.  If I had to do it again, I would still go with the Pump in Style.  With a hands free bra, I am able to multitask pretty well when I pump at work.
Helpful - 0
I have the medela symphony for work, since I need it 4x through out my work day. But I have a pump-in-style for traveling when not with my baby. I like the features and convience, though slightly bulky- not difficult to pack and go. wish the bag acutally had more pockets!

The one I have is much older and I dont think it would survive my 12x a week pumping for a long period of time, that is why I have the other one for my work needs. =)
Helpful - 0
615752 tn?1361867986
I had a Philips avent and I found it to be good but as above I know so many who had the Medela pumps and swear by them.
Helpful - 0
492921 tn?1321289896
I have the PISA and LOVE it. I am able to multi task while pumping with a hands free bra.
Helpful - 0
1278093 tn?1294320384
i have the hygeia enjoye and love it.
Helpful - 0
1330108 tn?1333677304
I have the medela pump in style advance in the backpack abd LOVE it!!!!  I can feed my baby and still get six oz afterwards!  I had to exclusively pump the first 5 weeks and got 5-8oz per side! Every 2-3 hours. It was amazing. With the hands free bra I could work on other things. I absolutely recommend the pump in style advanced
Helpful - 0
1330108 tn?1333677304
It also has the highest ratings out of any pump on numerous websites. All my friends have been converted and are loving it too
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.