Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
1528695 tn?1360582320

Weaning

How long does it take for your milk to dry up? Mine feels to have decreased in amount, but if i manipulate my breast/nipple (as in hand expression) i get a few squirts and drops.... then i quit.  Does the milk totally stop coming out or is this my new normal?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
757137 tn?1347196453
Are you talking about quitting breastfeeding cold turkey, or just naturally cutting back on feeding? If you just start feeding less and less, your milk reduces itself steadily, until it ceases to be produced at all. It keeps pace with your baby's usage.
Helpful - 0
179530 tn?1368936603
Some women it can take years, but typically takes around 6 months to be completely and totally "dried up". It could be breast discharge (which is normal) If you want it to stop, some women swear by cabbage leaves, but the best thing you could do is to do absolutely no nipple stimulation and wear tight fitting bras.

Don't forget about us Logi. We need you for support and answers! You're always so personal and have great tips. X
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.