Breastfeeding Community

breast feading

Is it better to breast fead or to give the baby formula ??
Always better to breast but sometimes you can't for whatever reason..Formula is very good nowadays
Thx verry much
Breast feeding is best. You really can't compare the two, there are so many nutrients in breast milk.  Formula companies can't even come close to creating anything that can compare.
Breast is best but as I would like some time to do my own thing, have a bath and sleep go out to the shop etc while my boyfriend looks after The baby as he works alot I'm going to buy a pump so he can bottle feed it while I do my own thing although this won't be very often at all I do hope the baby can get use to the bottle as I know they use different muscles between the two.
I mean I'm using a breast pump :-)
Breastfeeding is best because of the antibodies that baby gets from you, however formula is fine too. All the vitamins and things baby needs are in formula. I will be breastfeeding and pumping but I will also be supplementing with formula. I am not a dairy cow and refuse to be stuck at home and hooked up to a pump all day.
Breast feeding is the best.  Waaay beyond healthier then formula.  My first breastfed didn't catch even a cold until she was two and has never had an ear ache, benefits of breast feeding :) my nephew on the other hand was always m sick, always spitting up bad and hes overweight because he was only on formula. Now he has a  sensitive tummy is lactose intolerant and gets sick allot n hes only 1.
Your baby your choice my mother formula fed all four of her kids. I have never been seriously ill or had any issues with my health. Many people will really push the breast but please do not feel pressured to do something you don't want to do, yes breastmilk has more antibodies than formula but some people have problems with milk production from the start. So all in all it is what YOU want to feed YOUR baby both are excellent choices in my opinion.
My two year old was strictly formula feed and shes been sick once and it was with an eye infection...i say do what suits you better...i had to go back to work fast and even though i was allowed to pump at work, it was just better for me to go with formula
Breastfeeding is best and it creates a strong bond between baby and mommy
Breast feeding is better, and has many benefits for mommy and baby. But it is really your choice. What works better for you? I breastfed my first, and will breastfeed this one too. My job and homelife allows me to pump when I'm not goingto be home,and the health benefits simply outway the inconvenience.
If you have a choice. Breast feed thats why we have breasts. Its waay better for baby. How would any of these people remember being infants? Its been proven that its significantly healthier for baby.
My mom didn't breastfed any of us, and I turned out fine as an adult, but I did get a lot of ear infections and tonsillitis as a kid.  I breastfed both of my kids for a full year, and they rarely got sick.  It's up to you though.  I recommend trying out breastfeeding, especially since most insurance companies will give you a free breast pump.  If it really doesn't work for you, or you can't get him/her to latch, don't feel down on yourself.  
Either way you go your baby will turn out smart and healthy. But there are somethings in breast milk that cannot be created and put in formula. Its all up to you and what suites your lifestyle better. :)
Breastfeeding is the nest option. Not only Does it provide all the essential nutrients the baby needs, it strenghtens his/her immune system, creates a strong bond between you too and it even helps your health. Formula has some nutrients but not nearly enough and also includes harmful ingredients.
There is no comparison between breast milk and baby's formula. Although baby's formula were formulated for maximum benefit to the baby, still it will not be as good as breast milk.