Breastfeeding Community

breast milk

Hi again. I am Indian and I am really frustrated by superstitions and other beliefs followed here. My doctor said no restriction on your food. You can eat anything which is homemade and clean. But my mother in law and husband blame me if baby cries at night. You ate so so thats y baby is crying and he is having stomach ache. Is it real? Then why doctor allowed? My mother in law says I don't eat ghee so my baby is suffering. Please share your thoughts and experiences. Does the breast milk is really affected by what mother eats?
My baby is one month old.
Hey yes everything you eat and drink is going right to the baby when you breastfeed. That's why they say if you smoke do it hours before u feed your baby. You have to eat healthy
By some foods yes. I couldn't eat anything spicy while breastfeeding. Gave my daughter an upset stomach. Also no broccoli because it gave her gas
What's ghee?  
Yes some food could cause an upset stomach but I think you'd hubby and mil are a little out of line. Its not your fault your baby cries at night hes one month old thwy still usually wake up at that time.
My beat advice for sleeping well ar night is follow the same exact schedule every night at the same time.. I would do bath, bottle (breast milk) then bed same time every night and my babies started sleeping through the night at about 6 weeks.
You got this momma.
I don't smoke .. even if I eat potato and green peas curry, they blame me :(
Ghee is clarified butter.
And I can't schedule anything for my baby as my mother in law behaves as if he is her son. I am there only to breastfeed.. :(
I had my husband remove my mil when my first was born.  She wanted to stay a week,  I didn't make it 2 days.  Foods that are hard to digest can give your baby gas or an upset stomach.  Think hard or fibrous,  hard on baby. Talk to your husband,  because if he can't back you up, there is a whole other issue.
I dont think the butter is a good idea in abundance. And you need to put your foot down. Its your son not hers. I am not sure how your culture is when it comes to that but tell her to leave your house if she is there. You are more than a milk maiden to your son. You are his mother!  If you dont do something now it will only get worse.
Babies cry, and sometimes gas is due to what the mother eats. I had a dairy free diet while breastfeeding, we thought my son had a dairy allergy. But the biggest issue is your son wants his MOM, not his grandma. He needs you to be the one to care for him, comfort him, etc. He can feel your anxiety and stress. If she is treating you that away, she needs to go. Do some research on it and show it to your husband. Say look we need to try having space, let us bond with our son, let us figure this out. She can come visit later. There is all kind so research that proves children need their moms the most in the first few months.
Thank you.. You  are right. My mother in law went 4 days back.. now my baby is so calm and satisfied.. you said correct. He needs his mother.
I am so glad!
My husband was similar, when I was nursing my kids, if they were fussy, it was my fault. We spoke to our doctor about it and he said it was unlikely. He talked about doing an elimination diet to see if we could identify which food was the cause of concern for the baby.  Looks like baby just wanted momma!