breastfeeding after implants

This is my third pregnancy.  I breastfed my first 2 children.  I got breast implants after my second.  I'm curious if anyone has or knows of someone that has successfully breastfed after getting implants.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Today breast implants are very safe and in majority of cases they do not have any negative impact on breast feeding. But in some cases, breast implants can hinder breastfeeding partially or completely. Whether implants can hinder breastfeeding or not largely depends on where the breast implants are placed and what type of incision was made during the BA surgery. I had my surgery last month but i'm not married yet. Had my BA surgery in DR.Mclean's clinic in Toronto.
Helpful - 0
I have a friend who has implants ( no idea over/under) and she successfully nursed both of her girls - one for a year and the other for 9mos or so.
Helpful - 0
That's very encouraging feedback!  I've never formula fed before and I'm really hoping i don't have to this time.
Helpful - 0
It's going to depend on how they did your implants. Like stated above they probably put them behind the muscle and if so you should still be able to breast feed.
Helpful - 0
I've had a few friends that had implants that successfully breastfed.  I don't think they put the implant in front of the muscle anymore and most surgeons opt for behind the muscle.  But I've never heard of this being a problem so think you'll be just fine.  good luck!  
Helpful - 0
Thats a good question. I would definately get in contact with la leche ligue n see what they say!
Helpful - 0
I think it depends on whether or not the implant is in front if the muscle or behind it.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community