Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

breastfeeding/formula

Hi everyone, I'm 34 weeks pregnant and I'm not sure if im gonna be breastfeeding or not. So I was wondering how much formula for baby need a day? It there a web site that I can go and see the amount of formula that I will need for the firsts months!
Thank you
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm not shure I only bf so I would not know a thing abt formula.. have u tried posting on the pregnancy forum 18-24 n just ask the already momies I'm shure they can help u
Helpful - 0
4484425 tn?1384228334
At birth about 1oz every 1-2 hours. Then by 4-5 days old about 2oz every 1-3 hours. At 4 weeks about 2-3oz every 1.5-3 hours. It changes frequently at first because their stomachs grow quickly as they get older it change as often. Be careful when bottle feeding because its easy to over feed
Helpful - 0
4654179 tn?1595183520
I had posted this before on a couple of other posts.  Keep in mind it just an estimate and will depend of various things like the formula brand, how much baby eats and how big the formula containers are.

Similiac advanced 23.2 oz can at $23.99
First month baby will eat 1-3 oz every 2-3 hrs lets say baby will eat 8 times and each he will eat 3 oz that tub will be gone in one day. So you'll be spending in that week alone $167.93 roughly.
Helpful - 0
Thank you all for the comments :)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.