breastfeeding success stories

After yesterday's consultation with the lactation specialist, I'm feeling a bit discouraged. When I was in college (6 years ago), I had terrible back and shoulder problems. I opted for a breast reduction, which tremendously helped with the pain. My surgeon said the surgery went great, and I was very hopeful that I would still be able to breastfeed when I started a family. Fast forward 6 years, and my husband and I are expecting our first in February. The lactation nurse was very honest, and said it's certainly a possibility, but we jusy won't know until baby is here.

Any success stories out there of mommies who were able to breastfeed post breast augmentation surgery?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm glad you are reaching out - best of luck with your pregnancy!  I never had a reduction, but didn't know how I'd do nursing. Turns out I had success. This site/forum was a HUGE help for me.
Helpful - 0
Me!!!

And I have inverted nipples.

Some women, even without ever having augmentation cannot breastfeed, but the augmentation shouldn't have changed your ability.

Keep in mind it's not easy.  It's a great thing if you can but don't over stress if you can't, that's why there's formula.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community