Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

choking baby

My milk keeps coming too fast every time I feed my baby. She either ends up choking or pulls back and clamps my nipple to slow it down *ouch!* either way I have to remove her from my breast and wait until it's done squirting and the dripping has slowed down. She's only three wks old today. This will get better as she gets bigger right? Right now I feel stuck at home bc there's no way I can modestly feed in public with as often as she has to come off in the beginning bc I end up drowning us both in milk right now lol .
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Have you tried pumping a little before you feed your daughter, it might be that your boobs are too full?
Helpful - 0
6628393 tn?1398789276
Is it during your let down?
Helpful - 0
287071 tn?1365192513
LAY BACK! I would recline and it helped. Sounds crazy right?! A lactation consultant told me to do this b/c my let down was overwhelming my little one and it worked!  I felt totally odd doing it but it made a huge difference. Gravity took away the impact and the baby was able to nurse more comfortably!
Helpful - 0
8919982 tn?1400717187
Take ur thumb place it on ur upper nipple and index finger on ur lower nipple squeez alittle on ur milk dont come out to fast while u feed her so she wont chock ive done it fr all my kids and it worked
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.