choking baby

My milk keeps coming too fast every time I feed my baby. She either ends up choking or pulls back and clamps my nipple to slow it down *ouch!* either way I have to remove her from my breast and wait until it's done squirting and the dripping has slowed down. She's only three wks old today. This will get better as she gets bigger right? Right now I feel stuck at home bc there's no way I can modestly feed in public with as often as she has to come off in the beginning bc I end up drowning us both in milk right now lol .
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Have you tried pumping a little before you feed your daughter, it might be that your boobs are too full?
Helpful - 0
Is it during your let down?
Helpful - 0
LAY BACK! I would recline and it helped. Sounds crazy right?! A lactation consultant told me to do this b/c my let down was overwhelming my little one and it worked!  I felt totally odd doing it but it made a huge difference. Gravity took away the impact and the baby was able to nurse more comfortably!
Helpful - 0
Take ur thumb place it on ur upper nipple and index finger on ur lower nipple squeez alittle on ur milk dont come out to fast while u feed her so she wont chock ive done it fr all my kids and it worked
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community