Breastfeeding Community

help

I delivered my baby for days ago, still no breast milk coming out I'm so frustrated now. Pls help me.
Are you pumping and trying to breastfeed? If so, how often?
I pump every 4hrs, my nipple is sore and bleed every time I tried to feed my baby
You need to pump more frequently. Try pumping every two hours for 15-20 minutes each side. Do this even if no milk comes out. It will tell your body to make milk by doing this. Eating certain foods or taking herbs called galactagogues will help you make more milk. They are carrots, oatmeal, fenugreek, blessed thistle, garlic, spinach or other dark leafy greens, carrots, fennel. I know there are some more that I am missing. Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water.  For your nipples you can put stuff on the called lanolin or you can use coconut oil. This will help with the getting chapped and cracked. Eventually your nipples will toughen up and it won't hurt anymore.
How was your labor? I had an exceptionally long hard labor and my milk took 6 days to come in. They say that if your labor is hard it can take longer for it to come in
Also make an appointment with a lactation consultant through your hospital. Your nipples shouldnt be bleeding if your baby is latched correctly, and any kind of injury to the nipple might impeed the flow of milk.
I wish I had known that I had to stop brest feed because not enough milk and I hate bottle feeding I wanted that bond with my son to beast feed
Bleeding nipples can still happen even if baby is latched on properly. I've experienced it myself with all three of my children and they all had proper latch. Some women's nipples are more sensitive in the beginning then others and get chapped and cracked easier.
Thank you for all the advice, my milk just starting to flow yesterday but small amount. I want to try the fenugreek seed but I'm scared to harm my baby.
You can do it. Just stay positive! You might have to supplement some but any amount of breastfeeding you can do is great. lol up a recipe for lactation cookies. See if that will help you.  I think fenugreek want hurt the baby but I understand your concern.
Fenugreek won't harm your baby. In some it can cause a little extra gas but it is perfectly safe. It is also one of the main ingredients in mothers milk tea that is sold specifically for breastfeeding moms.