Breastfeeding Community

i want to

Stop breastfeeding now because my nipples get sore and stuff what will happen if I leave my boobs full of milk its nearly been 5weeks Tuesday since I gave birth and I feel bad that I want to stop but its just I can't breastfeed when my nipples are sore aand cracked  Ive got nipple cream but doesn't do anything anymore
try to push through it if you can! I heard its really hard at first, but you'll get used to it. I had my son saturday  morning and I've been pumping since Saturday afternoon since he's in the NICU. it hurts sometimes, but I just try & take my mind of it cause it's so worth it in the end!
The best thing for cracked nipples is your actual own breast milk on them and leave them (your breasts) out to dry, with your milk coating them. Its your choice though if you choose to stop. :) Im not sure how long it takes for the milk to go away so cant help u there. Best of luck. :)
Don't give up. My son is 12 weeks old and I can tell you it does get easier! I was super sore in the beginning too but I kept with it and we are 3 months strong! and I barely feel it now. You gave birth you are strong!!! Keep going it will be worth it! :-)
The first 6 weeks are the hardest, I cried every time I feed but your so close to it getting easier, don't give up, maybe talk to your midwife about the how the baby is latching, or a different position could help as well as what others have said about your breastmilk
Ok I'm gonna put her on now as she's crying I just feels horrible when they fill up aswell lol and they never used to get sore and stuff buut I am gonna try and do it
Make sure she's getting a good latch or else your nipples are never going to heal properly. You could always pump too if you're to sore.
My nipples were sore for the first 8 weeks i would cry at night when she nursed it hurt so bad then i figure out i was allergic to the disposable nursing pads when i stopped wearing them the pain eased up so much i also stopped using nipple cream and just use a little sqeeze of my milk and air dry like the other ladies said ans don't soap them up in the shower just wash with water on the nipple area you've made it so far and it does get easier!
I wouldn't stop but if you do it's up to you. With my first baby I stopped and I really do wish I would have tried to go longer. But if you decide to stop and want to get the milk dried up. Buy a cabbage get the leaves from the cabbage cut a hole in the leave for your nipple and  place the cabbage in your bra. The cabbage will dry out  your milk ducts. Promise
Its really hurt on my right nipple my other boob wasn't as bad but I can't do it Anymore it uncomfortable when my boobs fill up and when nursing I don't really wanna stop but I've done good and I'm proud of my self for going this far most people didn't make a day but at least my daugthers had the best start x
Well my right breast
It's okay girl !!  It don't make you less of a women . You  are the only one to make that choice. But I was in a lot if pain and couldn't handle it my first baby. The cabbage thing will help.
It hurts like hell at first. But after a while you won't even notice it. My first never got a good latch so I ended up pumping because it was a long frustrating struggle every time trying to get him to eat. Hopefully this one will be better. Good luck. I hope you find something that works for you!
You could also try a breast shield. That might help and give your nipples a chance to heal
I didn't read all of the comments throughly, but bebe could have a toung or lip tie causing a bad latch, like one said use your breast milk to coat your nipples. I had a hard first 6 weeks as well, but your nipples will toughen up and you won't feel a thing. I have a 7 month old now and it was hard in the beginning but now it's a second nature. He has a tooth and that didn't even hurt like everyone said it would. Totally up to you but if you are worried about the latch being why your nipples hurt then go talk to a lactation specialist at the hospital where you gave birth (there should be one on the labor and delivery floor)
Talk to a lactation consultant, it should not hurt that long the first couple days yes but maybe baby is latching right
Naaaaw babe I can relate to you!! I was literally in tears everyday for a few weeks cause my nipples were bleeding, cracked and sooo dry. It was horrible. I promise you it gets better in time!! My breast got so engorged and were swollen from my shoulders down. I started at a size c cup and ended up with a size g-h that's how full they got. The hospital had to make a makeshift bra cause all my bras broke from the weight! One thing that helped and it's gonna sound weird is placing and frozen cabbage leaf down your bra and putting it on your breast. WEIRD I KNOW! But trust me it works and you feel relief straight away.
I put her on my left boob it was uncomfortable but it didn't hurt thow but my nipple was still cracked  but I'm gonna try a little bit more for my little girl who has a cold  because of people and their dirty germes I can't spell xx