Breastfeeding Community

increase milk supply?

So i know its still early, my little girl is only a week old. But how can i increase my milk supply? Right now she on a mix of both breast and  formula. My dr said to pump about an hour after feeding. Which i have been doing but i only pump out about 2 oz or less each time. my breasts only feel "full" about twice a day which is when i get the full 2 oz. i want to be able to get her on breast milk alone and start "stock piling" it.
I was told to pump or feed every three hours...my nurse said to eat oatmeal or no bake cookies helps your milk supply come in better! I breastfeeding feed my daughter once she came out:)
I have heard you shouldn't pump for 6 weeks after baby is born because that dries up your supply. Tuns of liquids, specially water usually increasing milk. I was able to breast feed my son for a year but I also didn't start pumping for 3 months after he was born.
They baby eats every two hours. I wouldn't start pumping until the baby eats less frequently.  6 weeks sounds about right.
Your suppose to feed her exclusively from the breast. Your breast knows when to start producing more. But if you feed her from your breast and formula your breast is only going to produce enough to feed her those few times you breast feed. So if you want to produce more and breastfeed it's should be the boob all the time. And most mothers worry their not getting enough to eat. They are their tummies are really tiny so your gonna only make enough to fill them up. And as they tummy grows so will the amount of milk
Also the more you eat the more milk will come. If you hardly eat your not gonna make enough.
My ob gave me two different vitimans to try
I'm  feeding her both  because im not producing enough. Per doctors orders. Thats why im pumping  as well, to start producing more. I'm  just looking for other things to help aswell.
Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water. To boost my milk supply i eat lentille.