A
A
A
Close
Breastfeeding Community
1.66k Members
5793521 tn?1378043101

painful lump

Have any of you ladies ever had a painful lump while breastfeeding? I just felt a lump on my right breast that really hurts. Usually my boobs hurt if they are full but its been hurting all the time now. Never experienced this with my son, just wondering if I should be concerned. My grandmother had breast cancer so I'm kinda freaking myself out lol even though I have heard that its normal sometimes....so any feedback would be much appreciated :)
5 Responses
Sounds like a clogged duct. Just keep massaging it and feeding and pumping it should eventually drain. I get one every couple of months. I also heard that laying your baby down and being on all fours over your baby with their chin pointed at the lump while feeding helps, hasn't worked for me but a lot of women say it does. Good luck.
it does sound like a blocked duct.  Just keep bf n massaging the area that hurts
4268628 tn?1375041176
Put a warm compress on it for about 3 min before your next feeding. Take tylenol for pain if need be.
287071 tn?1365192513
If you pump at all try applying pressure to that area (I know it'll be painful) or massaging the area to help clear out the duct if it is in fact a clogged duct. I've had a painful lump like that before and doing this while pumping usually took care of it.
5793521 tn?1378043101
Thank you all for you're advice!
Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.