Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

pumping

So I have been pumping the last 6 days and my boobs are soft all over except for the left one on the bottom there's this spot that is hard and hurts a lot when I touch it has anyone else been through this
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
945369 tn?1320829437
If hot packs do not work, try an ice pack. Sometimes, engorged veins need a cool pack to contract and then the milk duct which was constricted due to engorged blood vessles, gets the space to relax and milk begins to flow out of that duct.
5 mins for a ice pack is what my lactation expert told me.
Helpful - 0
7471685 tn?1393400778
hot bath makes you feel good.
Helpful - 0
Heat packs, massage it, if you also breast feed try nursing in different positions.. If it starts getting warm and red call your dr asap in case its developing into mastitis.
Helpful - 0
I had this a couple weeks ago and it was quite painful. It lasted about two days. I kept feeding from that side and massaging it while pumping or nursing. It worked itself out.
Helpful - 0
5982197 tn?1391477396
Sounds like you might have a clogged milk duct. Try a really hot bath or shower and hand express it. It might take more than one try especially with the pain. If things persist call your doc and they can maybe let you know more on what to do!!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.