smoking weed and breast feeding ?

Is it in anyway bad to smoke while breast feeding it really helps me relax and decompress I just want to know if it would affect the baby?
Yes it will.  In a small amount. What ever you eat or drink goes to baby...If you like to smoke try bottle feeding. I my self love to smoke and trying to quit... my dr said quit smoking cigs b4 pot. So just protect baby and bottle feed :-)  good luck and hope this helps
Yes like ^^^ she said, everything u eat n drink will go to baby.That includes food,  medicine,  tobbaco n ect...  
It depends how much you smoke, my doc told me if you smoke 20 cigs a day it effects the breast milk very little soooooo i think of anything it will Effect your milk production amount before reaching the actual milk, something to talk to your doc about
^not so sure about that. Of that were true then we all could drink quite a bit of alcohol and it wouldn't affect baby. But we all know the truth is you can't have ANY alcohol cigarettes etc because even small amounts go right to the milk and its ruined.
She said weed...not cigs
I'm pretty sure my doctor knows more then you so therefore I believe her over your opinion
Wow......smh. I was a smoker of both for 10+ years. There is nothing in this world that would push me to smoke while breastfeeding. It can affect the milk and baby. Whatever doc said twenty cigs a day is fine is a moron.
Breastfeeding is the only time with a baby its bad. During pregnancy its 100% ok, during breastfeeding its really bad.
Did you really just completely condone smoking ANYTHING while pregnant?? It all goes to baby, pregnant or breastfeeding.
I smoke pot not cigs
I think the best course of action is to talk to your doctor. They know you personally, your medical history, and can give you the best answer for you.
Yes I did say smoking marijuana is ok during pregnancy, just not during breastfeeding. I've done my research and talked to my doctors. Its my personal opinion, and I've researched it as well. Do actual research before bashing people. And don't just read 3 that start off with your opinion. Read a bunch and really learn.
okay ladies, everyone's opinions has been shared in trying to answer Nana's post. I think it's safe to leave this post alone now. Thanks!
If it does affect your baby you would never forgive yourself. And would you really trust a DOCTOR who's oath is "First do no harm"  if they are encouraging you to continue smoking weed? Seriously, you're a mom and they're telling you: "I know you're a mother and should put your children's health and safety first, but it's ok to use an illegal substance that, even though no one knows how bad it could effect your children, it could get your children taken away from you by child protective services if people found out."  I'm not a doctor so I can't give professional advice but I did smoke weed before I was pregnant with my first child. I don't smoke weed anymore because I stopped for his safety. You never now what could happen... Mother to mother, if you're worried that ANYTHING could effect your child, just stay away from it. Try to cut back and find another way to relax. It really comes down to this: What's more important to you? Weed? Or your baby?

I'm not judging, just offering my opinion in the hopes to help a mother and baby. Good luck.

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community