sore nipples

I'm breastfeeding my tenth baby, hes 5 1/2 months and all is good, except for the last 3 days my nipples are soooo sore, nothing about his feeding has changed, the only other times my nipples have felt like this when b/fding is when i've fallen pregnant, but i have been using o''sticks and it doesnt look like i've ovulated this month which isnt uncommon as I only had my first period since my son was born on the 20 sept, anyone else had anything like this happen?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
First off congrats on having so many kids! Must be a very challenging but rewarding experience.

Any signs of thrush?

I wouldn't rule pregnancy out just yet. While unlikely, it's not impossible. Clearly you are fertile ;) Cycles can be irregular when bf'ing, and it is possible you ovulated early without detecting it. And are you sure it was a real period and not just spotting?
Helpful - 0
thanks :) no it was a real period 6 days of moderate bleeding, I starting using o'sticks from day 10 and nothing until day 16/17 then 2  faint lines that you could just see (i know you cant count them) then nothing until day 22 really intense period like cramps all day then a line that was prob as dark as the other line, then day 23 only one line again and its now day 26, still got sore nipples. I usually know when I'm ovulaying as I get really neauseus (sorry about spelling) when I do, so who knows, hopefully they will settle down :)

i

i
Helpful - 0
I had that happen to me and what I noticed is my baby for some reason had gotten lazy with her latch for some reason.  After we corrected it the soreness went away after a few days.  Good luck.
Helpful - 0
Ahg well they have finally settled down again, so who knows, but at least i'm not scrunching up my face with pain now when he jumps on lol :)
Helpful - 0
10 babies!?! Wow! We should be asking you all of the questions mama! Congratulations! I’m glad you found out what the source of pain was (menstrual cycles cause additional soreness). Anytime you feel like giving mamas some tips, hit me up! I’m so open to suggestions. I’m dealing w/ a little sibling jealously right now with two! How do you deal w/ that?  I try to give equal amounts of attention when I get home from work (FT), but she still seems jealous. Even when they nurse together she pushes him away and has a tantrum if he touches “her side”.
Helpful - 0
with all of mine I havent had too much of a problem with the jelousy, I dont let them :) I've involved them all in my pregnancies right from hearing the heart beat etc, I have the other side, arrggh, my 4 1/2 yr old keeps dragging my 6mth old around and he's not impressed :)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community