Burns Forum

Lab. Mistake HCL acid inhale

Hello !!

Am not sure if this is the right place to post this question

I had a 24 hour urine test the other day and I was not given any instruction by the lab . The container I was provided with had an acidic preservative which I accidentally inhaled/breath its vapor. This caused a very bad irritation in my lungs and throat , and I have been told that it might have caused burns or something in my respiratory system .

Please give me your comment and opinion in this as am really worried .

Also , I know this might not be related to this forum , but I have been told later that I should have urinated in a small cup first during the test not directly to the container . would it cause any health issues that i urinated directly into the container ?

Thank you very much
Inhalation of acid can cause severe inhalation injuries;however, a preservative that you described is not strong enough to cause you the harm that worries you.  
A related discussion, Burn from laser session was started.
A related discussion, 6 month eyebrow wax burn was started.
A related discussion, burn lump was started.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions