Salicylic Acid Burn

I had a pimple and I used salicylic acid (garnier spot treatment) to try to get rid of it. It was a gel and it formed a layer of dead skin on the pimple and then when I gently cleansed my skin, that layer of dead skin came off exposing the new sensitive skin beneath. Because the pimple was smaller but still there, I applied more salicylic acid on, not thinking about it. Now the pimple is gone but I have a big brown blotch on my skin resembling a burn mark. I have been moisturizing it because it feels dry. I was just wondering if this is going to scar/leave a mark or if it will go away completely in some time. It is only a surface burn and not very deep.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Hi and welcome. You might take a trip to Neiman Marcus. In the cosmetic area they sell a product developed by a doctor who himself was a burn victim. Its called Perricone MD.
Seriously, it is only a surface burn though!
Is it that bad?
I did something similar to you and six months later it has not healed. I was curious if you had any luck

You are reading content posted in the Burns Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions