Burns Community
114 Members

What was the cause of your puncture wound?

Common causes of puncture wounds are wood splinters, pins, nails, and glass. Puncture wounds may also be caused by objects such as scissors and knives. Almost any sharp object can potentially cause a puncture wound.
I stepped on a toothpick and it broke off in my heel. I can't see it and I can't get it out. I've soaked in Epsom salts and I wonder if it will just come out on its own.
I stepped on a belt buckle. The prong was sticking straight up.
My puncture wound was caused by a bite from a northern pike fish.
I punctured the palm of my hand when I was spearing an avocado seed.
Fillet knife.  End went into the bottom of index finger on the inside.  Went in about 1/3 inch and cut is about 1/3 inch wide.
console in back seat of parents vehicle
My leg was pierced by a low branch while hiking off trail.
I got wounded by a rusty nail. I went to th ER on antibiotic but now as red streak no fever or drainage but a lot of redness and swelling
I tripped over a nail sticking up in bathroom floor.  It appears to not have rust on it though. It did puncture my foot a little and my foot did bleed.
Your website set-up with all the links on the sideline and limited text space sucks!!!    ED MD
my son fell while playing in the back yard of his friends house landed on a board with nails in it went to the hospital had it removed they gave him antibiotics
I was gardening and the pruning shears slipped out of my hand and dropped on the top of my foot.  It bled but stopped quite quickly.  My foot is swollen and bruised.
I stepped on a crab leg on the beach in Orange Beach, Alabama.  It had three spikey "horns" on it and the largest one punctured the bottom of my big toe. It bled and was very painful. Thankfully I had some triple antibiotic ointment on hand and a bandaid. My question is 'should be concerned about getting an infection or bacteria from the crab?'
stepped on nail not rusty bled very little cleaned out area applied antibiotic area swollen
Went to dealers house and 2 damn dogs came at me. First I kicked in the face pretty good and he backed off then one came from the side and got me so good right on the calf of my left leg
My brother was helping a friend move his hot tub when he stepped on a four-inch nail piercing through his shoe and nearly all the way through his foot. The blood actually spurted out if his foot about five inches a few times but he was able to get it to stop. He goes for a tetanus shot and to see the doctor in the morning.
I punctured the underside of the first joint of my index finger with a small screwdriver, and it immediately went completely numb and bled profusely. This occurred two days ago, and the tip of my finger is still very numb, but the really disturbing thing is that anything that comes in contact with the fingertip sends an electrifying jolt though the affected area. I believe I must have severed a nerve, and I also play guitar, banjo, and I really need that finger.
I was accidentally in the way of a dog fight and got bit in the shin.
I was raking leaves and there was a part of a thorn-tree on the grown.  The thorn punctured my finger. Was really not a big deal till my finger started to swell up and hurt like hell.  It is now feeling very numb
Toothbrush. My daughter fell with the toothbrush inside her mouth and it pierced the back of her throat. Maybe a tablespoon or more Blood came out, but stopped soon after.
My husband punctured his hand, palm side at base of thumb with scissors. Bleeding stopped quickly, but he is experiencing nerve pain and a lot of swelling.
I fell and had a #2 Phillips-head screwdriver puncture my left hand about an inch under the little finger. It went in at least two inches (from side to center palm). Amazingly there was only a burning sensation for the first 10 minutes. An hour after there is no pain only a little tender when I move my fingers. I think it will be ok, it did not bleed a lot and I have a current tetanus vaccine.
I was bitten on forearm by grown parrot at pet shop two deep holes that seem closed already however redness and slightly swollen.
i was fighting and this girl who had a disease bit me. can i get her disease?
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions