Burns Community
114 Members

What was the treatment for your jellyfish sting?

The doctor may prescribe:diphenhydramine (Benadryl) to help with the itching,pain medication for pain, and/ortopical steroids or steroids by mouth to help with the swelling and itching.The doctor may also prescribe antibiotics if the patient has cellulitis. Take all medications as directed and until they are gone.If it has been longer than 10 years since the patient's last tetanus shot, a booster shot might be recommended.
I am a dr the best effective treatment is to urinate on the sight of sting.
Well I used vinegar it worked thanks
SO I have been all over the internet for hours and I have found lots of info on first aid for Jellyfish stings right when they occur but absolutely no answers or information on what to do for "flare ups" that seem to happen a week later to a month later. Well, let me back up, I was stung by a jelly fish a week ago, received first aid from the public safety officials said it was fine in an hour, no problem with the sting, just a few lingering red marks. Now a week later the remarks are swollen, and painfully itchy and nothing I do seems to help them. What is surprising is that this is apparently common since I found many many people with this same or similar problem asking this same question but NO answers. No website to refer them too, no facts, I was looking for something as simple as a "yeah this is common, it'll go away in a few hours, days etc" or a "You can see your doctor for an antibiotic cream" but there is nothing.    Somebody needs to answer this question of why this happens and what to do about it!
Safe Sea is a revolutionary sunscreen product to enhance your day at the beach by protecting you from jellyfish stings and sunburn.
Alcohol and  meat tenderizer   make a paste and apply to all areas affected.
after a week I finally got onto oral antihistamine and cefalex antibiotic, it was getting progressively worse.
After a week of intense itching which got progressively worse, I was put on a regimen of oral antihistamine and antibiotics.
New product I got to try during a random field test when I was on the beach...the company is Ocean Care Solutions...they have Man of War, Sea Urchin, Fire coral, Stingray first aid kits and a jellyfish sting first aid gel that's the bomb!!!...don't think it's available just yet but I got to try it and it worked really well..in minutes the pain and the redness were gone!!!...I watched the Man of War first aid test as well and I was amazed...in 15 minutes, the pain was gone from the guy who got stung...I was told their products would be out in a few weeks and they have been developing these kits for over 3 years...good folks...anyway, good luck...BL
Carried on swimming as was told to wash or soak with sea water, but heard later that coke poured over the sting also helps.
granddaughter has rash all over,bruises on leg,inside,shape nof circle
Household ammonia, isopropyl alcohol, white vinegar and mix into a paste with baking soda. Apply to jellyfish sting and cover with a warm towel . Heat is the answer to jellyfish stings, never use ice. You will find this remedy to be instant pain relief.
This may seem gross, but I remembered hearing that urine was good for jellyfish stings. I was in the water and the tide coming in brought with it a ton of jellyfish! I was stung several times, got out of the water, ran into the boat, rinsed off in the shower and used both my own and my friends urine and it took away the pain instantly! It really works!
How long after you get stung by a jelly fish before the skin returns to normal
urine(pee) on it.The warm urine works EXCELLETE but is weard. It WORKS!!!!
Hi. Was in perfect health i thought... Got stung by a jellyfish on holiday in Spain, June this year. Next day was dizzy, painfull joints & unable to walk. After meds. Ibuprofen etc. went to my Doctor. Lots of tests later diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Doctor says the RA mustv'e been dormant, the sting being the trigger to get it started. still can't believe it but as the saying goes " Why me?  Why not me?...."
Do NOT poor alcohol over the wound; Do NOT EVER try to put a wrap around the sting. These two things will only trigger more nematocysts to fire more venom into the victim's system. Same thing goes for shaving the area.
Bitten by a jellfish I sprayed the area with Gillette's Valet Spray Deodorant, RIGHT GUARD on this days. It neutralized the burning instantly and after 20-30 minutes only a very small light pink spot can be seen. No furhter pain nor rash.
I was in Jamaica when I was stung by a jellyfish. The locals put Jamaican rum over the area. Was feeling better instantLY   Rash was gone on an hour.
I had an allergic reaction to a jelly fish sting a few days ago. It got really bad and my tongue and throat started swelling. It was a miracle that they had Benadryl  with them but that is ot an experience I want to go through again
I had an allergic reaction to a jelly fish sting a few days ago. It got really bad and my tongue and throat started swelling. It was a miracle that they had Benadryl with them but that is not an experience I want to go through again.
Regarding jellyfish sting treatments; I see on this site to never use hot water, while two other sites say to use hot water or vinegar. Which is correct?
Urine a k a peepee was the best thing that work for me  Let me know if this work for you
I was in Cancun, Mexico and in water that was thigh high in the water when I got stung. Quickly the lifeguard put vinegar on then minutes later placed an ointment with gauze. The next day I had no pain, no severe swelling but there was welting with redness.
Well it was really a shock getting stung by a jellyfish. At least I'm sure what it was, when I was in the water I wasn't wearing my glasses so...anyway. I got it on my forearm. I did dip it in the water as I was QUICKLY getting out, but a friend poured bottled water over it. We didn't know what else to do.  I got stung yesterday and it swelled up. But then after a while it went down and now there is only slightly raised red welts on my arm. I feel fine for the most part.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions