Cancer Community

16 y/o Male, worried I might have sarcoma

Right, not long ago my friends mother died of spinal cancer. Over the past week or two I've started to notice that I have similar symptoms to her. I'm almost always drowsy, barely ever alert. I find that my arms and legs always ache, as does my neck, in fact I can rarely muster the energy to raise my arm above my head. I can't walk in a straight line as I used to, and I'm finding I'm being more clumsy than usual in terms of coordination. I also have no appetite, and after eating even a small amount, I feel sick. I also seem to be unable to focus a lot of the time.

My back has a tender area on it, which I've only recently discovered, it's 2/3 of the way down from my neck, from the center of my spine just to the left of it. It makes my back arch when I touch it, as though I'm being tickled. Following that I get tingling feelings across my back, and when I walk I get the same tingling feelings shooting down my legs often followed by hot flushes in my legs. I also find that after exercise involving my legs and feet, I can't move my left foot upwards.

Am I just over reacting or should I be concerned?
Sounds to me this is a bit overreacting.  Is it "Spine Cancer?"  Doubt it.  Spine Cancer is NOT a common cancer in the first place and then given your age......highly doubt you are dealing with any cancer.

I am not sure if this is related to your diet or physical condition or your lifestyle......I would be more apt to believe your complaints are related to those things.

Have you had a physician's appoinment yet?
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.