Cancer Community

19yo Male- Lump in neck

I'm a nineteen year old male living in Australia.

For about two weeks, I have discovered a lump just bellow my hairline (at the base of my skull) at the back of my head. The lump is about the size of a wall-nut. It is not painful, and very hard. It is under the skin, unlike a pimple.

I went to the doctors, and he seems told me it was nothing to worry about, and that it was most likely a swollon gland. However I have never had a swollon gland in that location, and its not painful.

Am I looking to much into this?
Something just doesn't feel right about this.....

Otherwise, i'm a perfectly healthy individual, rarely sick.

Thank you very much,
Matthew.
I would get a second opinion  it's all kinds of  reasons why you have a swollen lympnode......Did the doctor do any blood work on you? What did he say?
I had this around 3-4 years ago in High School. It is exactly as you describe. My lump went away after a week or two. I first was scared and thought it was some type of lymphoma but it resolved itself.

I do have a history of ear infection, I'm not sure if that could have any connection with this.
umm... yea.. get a second opinion. Walnut sized hard bumps aint normal.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.