3mm mass in wifes brain

my wife has been having headaches for a while, about 2 weeks ago, she was standing at our daycare to get child and passed out...for over a week now, she is getting severe headaches, double vision, and loss of balance.
she went to the doctors office early this week, and they immediately did a full blood panel, put her on a 24hr heart monitor, and ordered a MRI...her heart rate has been extremely low, in the low 50's...and she works out, but recently started...she is healthy height and weight, just likes working out.
the MRI showed a 3mm mass in her brain, which doctors said is in the region that would be causing the headaches and the double vision or loss of balance. we have 3 children and her symptoms seem to have been worse each day...
we have an appt withj a neurologist in  about a week...
what are some things i should be asking, and also, how big of a concern should i have with this? our children are 14, 8 and 5..and i work 2 jobs, so she is doing alot of the running around for them and 90% of their primary care, but i dont want something to progress, and something worse happen to her or our children...
can you please give me some advise on things to watch for? or what we may be going through in the next weeks? as our doctors are saying nothing except get to a neurologist immediately...
thank you
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
There are many resources to turn to. First follow up with the neuro surgeon to know what you are up against. Then if needed you can follow up with a neuro oncologist and many other good resources. If it does turn out to be cancer, I would go see a nutritionist and go see Dr. Friedman and Duke University cancer center in Raliegh NC. The best that I know of. Also, check out David Baileys website for inspiration. Good Luck and God bless. My 34 year old son is fighting stage 4 brain cancer.  
Helpful - 0
Thank you...we are just taking it daily until we know details..and enough to drive you nuts when you don't know...thqanks again for everything
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
The Hospital of the University of Penn is rated high on the list of the countries best Hospitals and I see your not too far from there. This week will feel really long but try not to get too far ahead of yourself with everything. I hope everything goes well.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Cancer Community

Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.