Cancer Community

BRCA2 carrier with unexplained elevated liver enzymes

I am a 33 year old BRCA2+ female, no personal history of cancer.  I have a family history of breast, gastric, and pancreatic cancer.  To my knowledge, I do not have a family hx of high cholesterol prior to old age.

In August I went for a regular physical (due to pregnancies it had been some time since I had had one) and for the first time, I had borderline high cholesterol (211 with LDL of 132 and triglycerides of 148).  I also had GPT elevated at 65 and GOT at 38.  I quit using ibuprofen, which I had been using occasionally, as well as my birth control pills.

At the end of October I suddenly developed a rapid pulse and high blood pressure as well as swelling in one of my reconstructed breasts (implant recon following prophylactic mastectomy two years ago).  The swelling, thought  by my surgeon to be an irritation of the capsule, went down after about a week; the pulse rate elevation and high BP persisted.  I have been taking beta blockers (first 12 mg Metoprolol then switched to 2.5 mg Bisoprolol due to poor control of BP with meto.)  

I had my thyroid levels checked, my thyroid checked by ultrasound, my kidneys checked, my gallbladder checked; I was also at a cardiologist.  Everything checked out.  My liver was also normal-sized in November.

I had my levels rechecked in January and the GPT/ALT elevation has persisted (it is at 42) and the GOT is just within normal range at 34.  My cholesterol remains high despite a healthy, lower fat diet (and it was not terribly unhealthy before, either).  A liver ultrasound last week showed a slightly enlarged liver but no visible blockage in the gallbladder.

I eat a healthy diet, mostly organic with little red meat and do not drink or take any other medications besides the beta blockers.  Beyond this, I take 2 capsules of Citrical daily.  I also exercise 30 minutes 5 days a week and have a BMI of 18.5.

Obviously with my mutation and my family history I am very worried I could be developing some kind of cancer, possibly pancreatic.  Do any of these symptoms warrant this concern?  What type of testing or followup would you suggest?

Thank you for your advice.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.