Breast problems

i have been seen by an endocrinologist for 2 yrs now as my left breast leaks a greeny/black sunstance and my prolactin levels are very high.
after the two years and taking tablets my breast still oozes. i had a mamogramme three weeks ago and a sample of the leakage was taken. i received a phone call on the friday of that week telling me i had abnormal cells and the test was repeated this week. i was told to expect a call between 5-6pm again on friday. this time i received the call in the morning and was told the cells were still abnormal and i need an operation, but given no indication what is abnormal about thease cells. are they cancer? i insisted on seeing the consultant . an emergency appointment has been arranged for this week. i am very scared.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Try to remain calm and positive until you see the consultant.  

All the best.  
Helpful - 0
Hi londres,
i totaly agree with you. and will voice my consens with the consultant on Friday.
All i do know is the consultant i am being seen by is a cancer specialist.

will keep you all posted.
thanks.
Helpful - 0
I am sure you are scared because you don't know what is going on.

It would difficult for me to say what is going on too because I don't know what they mean by "abnormal cells" either; it doesn't mean necessarily cancer to me.

Have this "emergency appointment"  and sort all this out.  It was good on your part to insist on seeing the consultant.  Why you had to ask for the meeting and they didn't set one up and then inform you of the situation I don't know or understand.    

Keep us posted.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Cancer Community

Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.