Cancer Community

Concerned about lump in neck!

I have a lump in the back left side of my neck it does not move around and feels fixed under the skin, I have had it every since I can remember I am now 24 recently my shoulders and neck are always sore and hurt for about two years now I've dealt with back shoulder and neck pain, recently the lump feels more noticable and is sore somewhat. Im not sure if its sore do to the last couple days I've really been picking with it! Can anyone give me a word of advice?
How are you? What other symptoms are present what diagnostic tests have been done in the past? The lump could be caused by skin and soft tissue cysts or mass and may be cleared with imaging studies such as x-ray or Ct scan. The pain or soreness could indeed be due directly or indirectly to this and it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Direct clinical examination is important. Treatment such as excision may need to be done depending on the underlying cause. Take care and do keep us posted.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.