Cancer Community

Enlarged/swollen node?

About two years ago, I noticed an enlarged/swollen node just under my right ear. It was quite tiny and I didn't think too much of it at the time. Shortly thereafter, I did have to have my top right wisdom tooth pulled due to a chip and coinciding infection. I know that lymph nodes can swell because of tooth issues so I assumed that this would go away after having had the tooth pulled. Unfortunately, it has not. What started out to be a lump the size of my pinky fingertip or so has now grown to the size of my thumb over the years. This, of course, has left me extremely concerned and scouring "Dr. Google" for answers (bad idea!). To settle my mind, I'm hoping that you can help.

Aside from the lump (only noticeable to me), I am in great health. 27 years old, no health issues past or present, healthy pregnancies, no recent illnesses, no symptoms, no weight loss, no headaches, no pain, nothing.

The lump itself is not painful at all (to the touch or in general) and is relatively moveable. It is not warm to the touch nor is the surrounding skin reddened at all.

My main concern stems from family and the past. A close relative was recently diagnosed with rectal cancer and another relative recently had a benign brain tumor removed. Also, after searching the web, I did notice that mononucleosis could be a related issue with this as well. While I have not been ill any time in the recent past, I did have one bout with mono back in grade school.

As a young mother, my mind is solely on my children and I certainly hope that this issue is not serious though I'm fearing the worst. Unfortunately, I do not have insurance coverage at this time so my only hope is an internet diagnosis such as this. If there is any advice that you could give me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Lymphoma? Hodgkin's? Something? Nothing? Cancer?

Please help!
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.