Cancer Community

Excess mucous immediately when eating solid food.

I have completed my chemotherapy for esophageal cancer.  Tumor was located at bottom of esophageal.  Chemo was successful in that the tumor no longer appears in a CScan.  However I had an endoscopy biopsy that shows cancer remains in the area.  When I eat any solid food, I get hiccups and mucous starts flowing so much that I must quit eating.  Mucous is clear but very stringy and collects in the throat.  I can't even swallow water and my throat feels tight when this happens.
I need to gain weight but this prevents me from getting enough calories to do so.  I am only successful at being on a liquid diet such as meats and veggies being blended with broth to a liquid consistancy.   A liquid diet is very boring.
For several years my submandibular glands have been swollen and feel like grapes when massaged.  Lately I have tried massaging them and the swelling does diminish but returns later.  My oncologist says I do not have an infection and he couldn't explain why the glands are swollen.   Can you suggest possible causes (and cure) of my excess mucous and/or if it might be related to my salivary glands?  Thanks.  
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.