Cancer Community

HARD LUMP BELOW COLLARBONE

I noticed a hard bone-like lump below my collar bone (i am thinking the top rib) It feels as hard as bone, it is unmoveable, and pretty much has the same contour as a rib but feels a lot different from the right side as it protrudes more, the left side of that area is flat. It starts pretty much on my sternum then extends to the left about 2 inches, then the area is flat again. It feels like it might be wider than a normal rib too. I can't move it around. It is non-painful, but i am not sure since when I have it. I would just like an idea as to what this could be.
ps. I am a female age 22.
I have a huge, rock hard bump in the middle of my chest below my collar bone but above my breasts. I got hit with a softball there and it imeadiately was swollen and hard and hurt bad. But I never went to a doctor for it and now almost 2 1/2 years later it's the same size and rock hard. When I bend over it feels like the are wings attached to the rock bump that hang but when I stand up straight I don't feel them at all. A lot of people say it looks like one of those birds with the puffed out chest. The rock is at the upper and middle part of my sternum I think. And when I poke at it long enough it relieves minor amounts of pressure I couldn't feel till they were released. can anyone help to let me know what it might be??
Sometimes your body will store fat in the wrong areas.  I have seen something like this before.  I know it sounds funny hearing that it maybe fat stored up, but some cyst form like that.  I would suggest going to a doctor and letting them do an ultrasound.  During the ultrasound if it appears solid then that's when you need to worry.  Also, muscles can swell in the same area and it can sometimes feel like another rid, but that is usually painful.  Good luck.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.