Cancer Community

Hip swelling and lefthand side pain

Hi last yr I noticed a lump just below my left hip, I have am in pain down my left handside, I cant lye down on left side, and cant sit for long periods, I have had a ultra scane on my tummy,overies,bladder and kidneys, the dr then did a scan on my lump and said ' that their was something their, but was beyond his expertise'. I have appointment for the 1st march and am worried. Their is no scan over here for overie cancer...sorry for bad spelling has its hard to type when im in pain
Hi!
A lump just below the left hip which is painful can be an abscess (collection of pus), an infected cyst, a neurofibroma (collection of nerves and fibrous tissue) or a hair follicle infection. If it is so painful, it is unlikely to be a cancer, except may be a rare muscle cancer or a sarcoma. Please consult your PCP to evaluate these possibilities as most infective causes will need to be treated early. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.