Cancer Community

Hoarseness as possible throat cancer?

My husband has had a very slight hoarseness the past 4 weeks - I dodn't even notice it until he had me listen closely to his voice.  He went to his Internist who said it couod either be allergies, something environmental, or throat cancer.  We are first treating it with allergy meds which he has been on the last 4 days.  He seems fine in the morning and he gets more hoarse as the say wears on.  He doesn't loose his voice, has no sore throat, no problem swallowing, and is not coughing up any blood.  It's just a raspy voice, but the doctor threw that "C" word in which scare me to death even as a possibility.  My husband is in sales and talks non-stop most days.  Any words of encouragement from anyone who's been through something similar?  He is 63 years old and in great health other than this.  He did have kidney cancer 8 years ago, but a clean bill of health ever since - it was caught early with no need for chemo or radiation.  Thanks for any support...Gaye
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.