Cancer Community

I have been diagnosed with anxiety.Have been concerned with pancreatic cancer.

I have been diagnosed with anxiety. Since December, I have been concerned with pancreatic cancer. I have had many tests. Should they alleviate my fears? It started with weight loss. I have lost around 30 pounds in 4 months. My wife assures me it's from anxiety, stress, and not eating nearly as much as I had in the past. I also had abdominal pain which led to the removal of my gallbladder. This helped some with the pain issues. Now I have frequent belching over 100 times per day and nausea. I have had a CT without contrast of the abdomen, a CT with contrast of the abdomen, an ultrasound that showed the pancreas, a lot of blood work, and tumor markers. All of these have been negative. The pancreas was noted as normal on the scans. A doctor attempted to order a pancreatic protocol CT scan to give me peace of mind, but my insurance denied the procedure, citing the normal CT scan from December. Should all of the tests be enough to alleviate my fear? I even had an oncologist tell me that I did not have cancer. Thanks,
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.