Cancer Community

Immature lymphocytes in csf normal?

Hello, I've been having some issues for a while now and each year seems worse and worse. Muscle weakness, headaches, fatigues, blurry vision, urinary and cognitive issues. Ive been to many doctors and nobody ever recommended i see a hematologist. Most blood work comes in normal cbc. Im 35.

I had a spinal tap in december and they had Cytology done . It showed increased mature and immature lymphocytes.
Should there be any immature lymphocytes there? Neurologist said its fine no worries. She gave up on me .

The csf differential on 25cells showed 0 rbc ,1 wbc and 80% lymph and 20% monocytes.

Also showed raised Albumin 2% over there range. And raised csf BETA% a couple over there range.

I did have lyme disease in 1990 with bells palsy. All of this maybe permanent damage idk.

Thank you Justin
What were the initial diagnostic tests done? I understand your concern regarding these symptoms. Lymphocytes may indeed be present within the csf and if there is no correlated symptoms or condition, then there is nothing to be worried about. If the symptoms persist, it is best that you check with your doctor for proper evaluation. Seeking another doctor's opinion or a referral to a specialist may also help. Take care and do keep us posted.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.