Cancer Forum

Lump behind my ear???

Last night I found a good sized lump behind my left ear, right above that flap of fat that you get you put earrings in. It's hard and hurts when I push on it. I would have had my mom look at it but it was midnight and she was asleep. When I got up this morning to have her look at it she was gone. Do I have cancer, or could this be and allergic reaction to something? The lump/bump is under my skin, which means it's probably not a sist, right?  can anyone tell me if I'm going to have to go to the doctor for this? I'd rather not die.
Hi Melodrama,
Relax! Don't worry about transient swelling on your earlobe. It is very unlikely to be cancer.
In case you develop such a lesion again, you may like to avoid wearing ear rings for a while, or have a skin doctor examine you.
All the best, and God Bless!
A related discussion, Had lump for around two years was started.
A related discussion, Lump behind my ear was started.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.