Cancer Community

Lump bellow collarbone

I have this lump below my collarbone (more below my shoulder), in the corner where the collarbone and shoulder bone meet. It's very small (small pea), round, smooth, and very movable. It has been there for at least 3 years and the doctor told me it was not a tumor (did not do tests just a physical). I was just wondering what could make a lump like that in that area!? I have never injured my shoulder and the lump doesn't hurt.

I am a 24 female. I am pretty skinny so feeling any kind of lymph node is common on me (doctor said it wasn't a glad though). Should I go back and have them do tests to explain what it is exactly or is it just a random ignorable lump?

Thank you
Hi.  It's normal to find lymph nodes around that area.  These nodes are not usually palpable since they're hidden by the fat underneath the skin, but if you're thin, you may be able to feel these nodes even if they're not enlarged.  If that node is less than one centimeter and has not caused any symptoms for the past three years, then there is probably no need to see a doctor for further tests.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.