Cancer Community

Lump in mouth, please help :-(

Hi everyone,
I need to ask this question before I go to my doctors and feel like a right prat.

On my lower jaw at the front and slightly to the right and underneath where the bass of my teeth are, there is a small lump.
It is worrying me, because I can never remember feeling it there before, I am 23 and smoke and drink quite often.

The lump is pea sized and can move ever so slightly if i move my tounge or fingers over it.

Obviously I hope this isnt serious, and I cant remember if I've ever felt this in my mouth prior to today.

I do worry about my health constantly, ever since I suffered from panic attacks for 3 years. Even a slight pain in my chest makes me panic.

Does anyone have any ideas on my lump?

Many many thanks in advance

Dan
The most obvious cause would be a fistula, which is a drainage site forming from an abcessed tooth.  Not everyone will feel pain from a dental fistula - depends on the location and what nerves are nearby.  Your first course of action should be to see a dentist.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.