A
A
A
Close
Cancer Community
6.55k Members

Lump in mouth, please help :-(

Hi everyone,
I need to ask this question before I go to my doctors and feel like a right prat.

On my lower jaw at the front and slightly to the right and underneath where the bass of my teeth are, there is a small lump.
It is worrying me, because I can never remember feeling it there before, I am 23 and smoke and drink quite often.

The lump is pea sized and can move ever so slightly if i move my tounge or fingers over it.

Obviously I hope this isnt serious, and I cant remember if I've ever felt this in my mouth prior to today.

I do worry about my health constantly, ever since I suffered from panic attacks for 3 years. Even a slight pain in my chest makes me panic.

Does anyone have any ideas on my lump?

Many many thanks in advance

Dan
1 Responses
82861 tn?1333453911
The most obvious cause would be a fistula, which is a drainage site forming from an abcessed tooth.  Not everyone will feel pain from a dental fistula - depends on the location and what nerves are nearby.  Your first course of action should be to see a dentist.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.