Cancer Community

Lump in neck and near breast

I am a 29 year old female and about a year ago, I noticed a large hard mass just above my right clavicle and slightly in my neck (since that time it has grown more and is further in my neck), however there no pain assoicated with the mass other than periodic twinges. I went to my GP who recommended an ultrasound and a blood smear.  The blood smear indicated I had an elevated WBC and platelets.  The ultrasound showed a mass in the right supraclavicular region.  They recommended a CT scan.  I had a CT scan but there was no evidence of the mass (even though the doctors could feel it).  My GP sent me to a surgeon for further review and a biopsy.  The surgeon decided to do an MRI which did not show anything again.  He then decided to do an angiogram because he thought he could feel a pulse.  The angiogram came up clear and he felt that there was no need to do a biopsy.  I was told that I could come back in 6 months, but he seemed to think it was a sore muscle and that I needed to get a good massage.  I did that, but it is still there.  I am extremely tired all of the time and there is a general lack of energy, which seems to be getting worse.  I have constant headaches and I have lost my appetite completely.  Recently, I woke up in the middle of the night unable to breath because of a pain/tightness in my chest.  I began rubbing the location and noticed a hard ridge that runs diagonally from the middle of my shoulder to the breast bone, directly below the previously discovered mass.  I have also noticed tender spots around my breast and rib cage.  Could this be cancer that is spreading?  If so, what?  What are my options to getting a doctor to investigate further?  Do I go back to my GP, the surgeon?  I am just really frustrated of being dismissed and told that it is a sore muscle!
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.