I discovered a lump on my wrist.
I had 2 u/s and one MRI where I was told:
1. It is not a cyst as it is solid;
2. It is an ovoid mass adjacent and volar to the distal ulna. Appearances are consistent with a solid mass;
3. Measures 19 mm x 9 mm x 19 mm
4. The appearances are in keeping with an intraarticular lesion
at the deep aspect of the volar capsule of distal radioulnar joint;
5. No radiographic evidence of calcification and there is suggestion of mild remodeling of the distal ulnar cortex
6. The surgeon refused to perform a biopsy.
Mention is made of several possibilities as well as uncertainty whether it's infectious or non-infectious.
My surgeon wants to operate asap. He thinks it may be benign. He has no idea what the tumor is.
Does anyone have an idea what I have? And what do u suggest I do.
Note there is no pain, no tingling and no numbness in the hand.