Cancer Community

Mass on tongue

Hi, I'm 26 years old and started having jaw pain about 3 weeks ago. Two weeks later ended up in the dentist with a wisdom tooth infection. Swollen node on left side. He put me on antibiotics and tge day after i got extremely sore throat and white stuff on tonsils. Went to hospital and was told there's a mass on my tongue that looks abnormal. It suddenly appeared they are sending me to an ent to have it biopsied for cancer. I'm terrified i just need some words of wisdom. Anything i have 3 babies and scared to death.
I don't know if it comforts you much, but mouth cancer at your age is pretty rare, so the odds are in your favor.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.