Cancer Community

Neck Lump

I have a firmed hard lump in the back of my neck behind the ear under the skull bone. I can feel that it is starting to affect my left ear. The doctors thought it was a sweelling gland but is not. The lump is very firm. What could possibly be? One of the doctor's think is a bone grown.
IT could be a bone growth or it could be arising from the soft tissue elements in that area.
It is a site for lymph nodes too.
After a clinical assessment  you will undergo a few tests to determine the origin of the lump.
Treatment will be on the  basis of the diagnosis made.You have not said in what way it is affecting your ear.Physically on the outside or the function of hearing?
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.