Cancer Community

Oral cancer and VPH

Hello:

I would like you to tell me which are the possibilities to get hpv in mouth, tongue and throat via oral, how long  elapses from infection to first symptoms,  and what the symptoms are because I have been feeling so weird. I my throat I can see some blisters or bumps and an otolaryngologist told me were completely normal but I don´t think so. How does cancer feels? Please help me because I am scared to dead.
Hi there!

Orpharyngeal cancer would usually develop years after the initial exposure to HPV. The symptoms could be a feeling of pressure in the throat, difficult breathing/ swallowing, growths, ulcers etc. If the otolaryngologist feels that the lesions should not be anything to worry about, it is likely to be so.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.