Cancer Community

Painful Lump

About 5 days ago I discovered a lump on the right side in my neck.  It is painful to the touch and when I look to the left and swallow, it hurts.  I know it can't be my thyroid because I had that removed 2 years ago.  It seems to be about the size of a marble.  Since Cancer runs in my family, I am a little freaked out about it.  Unfortunately, I am a smoker-- but not a "chain smoker".  A pack will last me 2-3 days.  Anyway, just wondering if I need to go see my doctor or my endocrinologist about this.  Not sure what to do or if I need to do anything at all.
If i was you i would have a consultation with your G.P .. these circumstances are very similar to my boyfriens and he had head/nek cancer , chemo , radiation the lot ....

Best wishes

x
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.