I have had the same THING!! Why isn't anyone answering! I would like to know what this is , and if /is this a precursor to cancer! I am 40 yrs old and just got this last year at aroudn the same time, and this year at the same time, got it back? It is soft and goes away, but what is this and is this some kind ofpre cancer I shoudl know about!!
Thanks in advance!!
* Furuncle or carbuncle -- An abscess in the skin caused by the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus. It can have one or more openings onto the skin and may be associated with a fever or chills. They are less common than single boils; they are most likely to form at the back of the neck and in males. Carbuncles can form in the same areas as boils, and may also form on the scalp, face, and buttocks. Furunculosis is a word that is sometimes used to refer to recurrent boils. Many patients have repeated episodes of furunculosis that are difficult to treat because their nasal passages carry colonies of Staphylococcus aureus. These bacterial colonies make it easy for the patient's skin to be reinfected.
* Folliculitis -- A milder version of boils. This is an infection of hair follicles, usually with Staph bacteria. These often itch more than hurt. The appearance is similar to acne pustules.
* Cystic acne -- A type of abscess formed when oil ducts become clogged and infected. Cystic acne is most common in the teenage years.
* Hidradenitis suppurativa -- An uncommon illness of unknown cause in which there are multiple abscesses that form under the armpits, in the groin area, or under the breasts. These areas are a result of local inflammation of the sweat glands.
* Pilonidal cyst An type of abscess that occurs in the crease of the buttocks. These frequently form after long trips that involve sitting.