Cancer Community

Painful lump in arm

Hi, my best friends daughter has a small lump located near the elbow on the inside of her right arm. Her arm is very painful, and she cannot lift it. She says that the pain radiates up to the top near her shoulder and that she is also getting mild numbness along with the pain. She has no other symptoms of being un-well...She has seen a doctor who said it could be lymphoma...but after reading up on that condition, she does not have any other symptoms...her blood-work came back clean, too.  She was told that a lump in this location was not usually benign...quite scary too hear!  An ultra sound left everyone still unsure of what it was, so now it is on to a biopsy and a surgeon...what do you think this could be? She is only 21 and has always been healthy...thankyou.    

This discussion is related to Enlarged Lymph Nodes in Neck.
I do not mean to scare you but don't let her health and age fool you. I was healthy and 16 when diagnosed with leiomyosarcoma on my uterus which usually happens in elderly people.... almost never in someone young. On the other hand try to keep her in good spirits be very supportive. Stressing out about the situation will just make it worse. Dont forget doctors can be wrong and it could be nothing at all.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.