Cancer Community

Pancreatic cancer patient need an advice

Dear Dr,

I need your kind advice regarding this case, he is my father,
Case history:-
72 years old patient
a sizable intra-abdominal mass occupying the right hypochodrium. Ultrasonography and Ct scans gave the impression that the mass may be extrapancreatic or related to the uncinate process. The mass was also indenting the IVC but was not infiltrating it. He had no jaundice and was of reasonable body status. Guided FNAC was done and suggested undifferentiated adenocarcinoma as the pathology. Bearing in mind that there was a solitary liver lesion at segment VI, Limited exploration was performed with the hope that this lesion me be GIST tumour and the possibility of having the primary resected may help the patient.
Unfortunately the tumour was found to be purely pancreatic invoving part of the head and encroaching on duodenal lumen and inseparable from IVC. In view of the previous findings only anterior gastrojujenostomy was performed to the patient to avoid future duodenal obstruction.
His recovery was smooth apart from attacks of bilious vomiting probably related to the gastrojujenostomy. He has severe anorexia probaly related to his malignancy.
He is now suffering from severe anorexia + cachixia+Regular vomiting (Fluid therapy is applied regularly)
The surgeon is advising to perform another surgery to make a tube outside the body to give him food through it.

kINDLY GIVE THE ADVICE REGARDING THIS OPERATION
NB.Doctores did not decide to give him any kind of chemotherapy

Thanks And Best Regards,

Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.