Cancer Community

Radiation Therapy Question

Greetings!

I'm actually here to ask a few questions about the Radiation Therapy field since I am considering to pursue a career in the field. However, I'm having trouble finding information online, journals (articles), and can't get in touch with Radiation Therapists in my city. My questions for Radiation Therapists on MedHelp are:

1) Due to high doses of radiation required to control and kill the cancer cells, is the patient radioactive after receiving his/her treatment and does the Radiation Therapist need to wait for the radiation to dissipate before entering into the treatment room?

2) What are some of the professional and technical skills required of the Radiation Therapist?

If you can kindly help me out and explain the significance of these, I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your undivided attention.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.