Cancer Community

Renal Cell Carcinoma

Last year, my dad had a kidney removed after bleeding so much he became anemic. It took the urologist a month or two to decide to remove the kidney. In it, they found and RCC tumor. They also noted that there were six "spots" in his lungs. Here we are a year later and finally, dad has seen an oncologist. His advice . . . find a hospice, you're 83 yro, in stage 4 of RCC and it is in your lungs.

The other day, he threw up what I first suspected was bile. He'd not had a bm in 4 days. However, it was not the green/yellow I'd seen before. This was a clear dark brown, no particulate visible to the naked eye. It seemed to be the same color and consistency of what was leaking out of him.

Does anyone have an opinion on what the heck I saw? The hospice nurse seemed stumped.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.