Cancer Community

Serum CA 19-9 Blood Test for Pancreatic Cancer Re-occurrence

Dear Dr.

I father got this Serum CA 19-9 Blood Test for Pancreatic Cancer Re-occurrence. His level came out to be 9 u/ml. Is it normal?

My fathers age is 64. He has recently gone through wipple’s procedure and has been recovered from elevated conditions, as he was detected with Pancreas Head Carcinoma (CT scan report). His doctor recommended chemotherapy and radiation together. We didn’t get satisfied with his recommendation and after several discussions with doctors online and in city, he is now going through extensive chemotherapy only. Question, he is in middle of this therapy and doctors have recommended to undergo CA 19-9 test. Is it recommended or is there any other way also to check cancer cells re-occurrence and related problems.

Initial reports at time of operation (before and after) are attached for your review.

Appreciate your early response.

Best regards,

Osama
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.