Cancer Community

Small lump

There is  a small kind of har lump right above my kneecap. At first i could move it and it would go away. But now it stays in the same spot. Does anyone know what this is?
Hi!
A lump above the knee cap or patella as it is called can be pre-patellar bursitis. A bursa is a small fluid filled sac around most mobile joints. This is lined by synovial membrane which secretes a slimy substance to lubricate these joints so that there is no friction during movement.
The other possibility is that it is a cyst, a lipoma, or a soft tissue tumor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examination. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
I have a small lump above my knee cap that is red. Also i have a few symptoms of leukimia such as shortness of breath, weakness, joint pain, night sweats and purplish spots on my skin. Also i have recently noticed that the left side of my brain near to the back of my head goes numb all of a sudden and so does my lower spine, hands and legs. What does this mean? Can anyone help me please. Thank you.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.