Cancer Community

Soft Swelling Above Clavicle is Freaking me Out

I have had this very soft fluid like swelling above my right clavicle. I hurt this shoulder lifting weights last year, but have also leaned out more since then and have been noticing this bad. Of course once I started reading about things I have been freaking out really bad. It doesn't hurt and is less pronounced in the morning and more later in the day. I work on a computer all day and that is the side that I use with the mouse.

I went to the doc and she said there is nothing to worry about and I convinced her to send me for some tests. The CT scan said no mass or legion. Now she says all the bad stuff has been ruled out. I am still freaking out and driving my wife nuts. What could this be and should I be worried?
Hi!
A soft swelling that builds up in absence of a lump or cyst is usually due to overuse of the muscle as in exercising and computer use. This causes lactic acid build up. You need the right combination of stretch and strength training exercise to strengthen the muscle and avoid injury. Please consult a physiotherapist or a chiropractor. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.